Yishun Town Development
Best described as a family-oriented town, Yishun provides a comprehensive suite of amenities for all ages. Over the next 5 years, Yishun will be reinvigorated with new malls, hawker centres and cycling paths, while the transport infrastructure will be enhanced to improve connectivity for residents.
The 4 main areas for growth, development and improvements are: Amenities, Leisure, and Transport.
More Amenities for Better Living
With its wide range of facilities and pleasant neighbourhoods, Yishun Town continues to attract many new residents. In the coming years, new housing areas in the southern and eastern parts of Yishun will be developed progressively, providing greater options for potential home owners.
More facilities will also be added to create a better living environment for residents:
– An Integrated Transport Hub in the town centre that will incorporate a bus interchange, shopping mall, community club and a town plaza.
– A new Hawker Centre next to Yishun Park to provide more places for eating out.
– More Childcare Facilities.
– Retail Shops and Eating Houses will be conveniently located near housing estates.
– A Foreign System School will be developed at Yishun Avenue 6.
Leisure: Love the Outdoors
Besides the existing Lower Seletar Reservoir and Yishun Park, residents in Yishun can look forward to more green spaces for recreation:
– The Round Island Route will provide residents with fresh ways to explore the nature spots of other towns island-wide.
– The addition of more neighbourhood parks and green spaces.
– The expansion of the park connector network in Yishun will link residents to more parks.
Transport: Faster, Alternative Routes
Travelling Downtown or to other regions of Singapore will be faster with the following road improvements and enhancements to the public transport system:
– The North-South Expressway (NSE) will be constructed, to alleviate congestion of the CTE, providing easy accessibility to city area.
– The new road, Yishun Avenue 8, will connect to Seletar West Link, to provide an alternative route to the Central, Tampines and Seletar Expressways.
– The junction of Lentor Avenue and Yishun Avenue 1 will be improved to enable smoother traffic flow.
– The extensive cycling routes will enable convenient access to the town centre, MRT stations, amenities and nearby towns.
Source: URA Master Plan